Do you ever have a question about your dog and wish you could ask an expert any time of day or night? Me, too. The following is my honest JustAnswer Review and why I use the service to help with canine-related health and behavioral questions.
As a pet parent like you, I often think of things to ask my veterinarian or a trainer in the middle of the night. Sometimes my dog has an issue on a weekend, and my veterinarian isn’t open. I’d always take my dog to an emergency vet if moments mattered. But sometimes I just have a question and wish I could ask a professional.
Disclaimer: I am being compensated for sharing my honest experience with my readers. Fidose of Reality only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers on the products and services we use. JustAnswer is not responsible for the contents of this post.
What To Expect From This JustAnswer Review
The last time I tried JustAnswer, I asked a veterinarian a few dog-related health questions. In this JustAnswer Review, I will share the results of an exchange I had with a professional dog trainer.
The JustAnswer experts cover more than 150 categories and 700 specialties so you can use this service for more than pet-related questions. I will be outlining my experience with a JustAnswer expert and sharing screenshots, pricing, results, and how the service can help you.
How Can JustAnswer Help With Dog-Related Questions?
No matter what type of dog-related question you have, JustAnswer likely has an expert to help. You ask the question, receive your answer, and if the response was helpful you rate the expert.
Here are some types of dog questions pet parents ask:
- How can I help my dog overcome her fear of thunderstorms?
- How can I train my dog to walk without pulling?
- My dog is sneezing and itching a lot; is it allergies and what can I do to help him?
- I am getting a new puppy. How can I help introduce her to my current dog?
- My dog is limping, what can I do?
- My dog has smelly ears, how do I know if they are infected?
- My dog was recently diagnosed with kidney disease. What food and treats can he have?
- My dog is very nervous about grooming. What can I do to help calm her nerves?
- Can an old dog learn new tricks and still enjoy life; how?
- Why does my dog constantly lick air?
- How do I know if my dog is nervous, cold, or having a seizure?
As you can see, the questions run the gamut and so do the answers. Each question is answered to the best of the expert’s ability for your individual situation and dog. This is another JustAnswer feature I like – customized answers.
JustAnswer Review of Dog Trainer Questions
I wrote to JustAnswer after logging in and asked the following:
I have a one-year-old male neutered American Cocker Spaniel. He is an incredible dog and has manners. However, on walks, he barks at loud cars or motorcycles and then tries to lunge at them. I am on the sidewalk with him, and we use a harness. I will not use any type of prong or spike or citronella collar. Can you provide me with help on how to correct his behavior using positive reinforcement? Thanks.
It takes anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes for an expert to reply. In my case, it took about 10 minutes. I took my dog for a walk and came back to the following response:
Hello! Thanks for writing to Just Answer. My name is Sally and I have been in the dog field for 30 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer specializing in behavior. I will do my best to answer all your questions today.
Please give me a few moments to read over your questions and then ask additional questions If needed.
Can you tell me how often he is being trained and what commands does he know?
We went back and forth and then Sally gave me this answer:
I know many people swear by clicker training, but it’s not really been super effective with Alvin. That said, I support anyone who uses clicker training with success.
What If You Need More Details To Your JustAnswer Question?
Because this is a JustAnswer Review, I pressed Sally the expert for more information.
I asked about other techniques besides clicker training, and Sally delivered.
We plan to work with Alvin more on the leave-it command. I felt like a lightbulb went off and I had an ‘a-ha’ moment. We’ve already started applying ‘leave it’ to outside situations. It is working beautifully and Alvin has not barked or tried to lunge at cars at all in the past two weeks!
What Kind of Dog Experts Does JustAnswer Use?
Because JustAnswer gave me a free trial membership, I could ask a dog-related training question. Each expert is put through a multi-step quality process to guarantee their legitimacy and level of knowledge. Each expert’s credentials are confirmed with a third-party verification firm.
Some of the dog experts JustAnswer works with include:
- Veterinarians: Licensed veterinarians who can answer your questions related to dog health and wellness.
- Dog trainers: To guide you with dog training and behavioral problems, and obedience help.
- Pet groomers: For insights on grooming, bathing, nail trims, brushing, and care of your dog’s coat.
- Animal nutritionists: Dietary advice and information on supplements, treats, and dog food.
- Dog behaviorists: Answering questions about why dogs do certain things (i.e, anxiety, aggression, fear.)
There are other dog-related experts, but those are some of the more common ones.
How Much Does It Cost To Use JustAnswer?
As part of this JustAnswer Review, this is how their pricing structure works as of this writing:
- JustAnswer Monthly Membership: Billed on a monthly basis and can be canceled at any time. Membership includes unlimited questions and answers 24/7 from hundreds of experts, an exclusive members-only app, and two free phone calls via the iOS app.
- Ask an Expert: Depending on the question and expert level, this price range is between $5 and $50. A small join fee is required to book time with an expert. Any additional costs will be shown on the page where you enter your credit card information. Simply cancel before the next billing period to avoid further monthly charges.
Always pay attention to what you are purchasing. JustAnswer is very clear in its instructions, so if you do not want an ongoing membership, don’t sign up for one.
What Do Other JustAnswer Reviews Say?
Trustpilot is a review platform open to the general public. It connects businesses and consumers with genuine feedback about products and services.
Out of nearly 28,000 reviews, JustAnswer received a 4.2 rating. At least 85 percent of those reviews are a 5-star rating.
Consumer Affairs is an American customer review and consumer news platform founded in 1998. It helps consumers with purchase decisions.
Of the nearly 500 reviews, JustAnswer received 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Better Business Bureau
The BBB is a private organization that handles complaints about companies and has developed a grading system to rate businesses based on consumer feedback.
Trustpilot receives a letter grade of A, with a 100 percent response rate to complaints.
How to Register for JustAnswer
Now that you’ve read my JustAnswer review, here’s how you can easily register:
- Visit the JustAnswer website.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration.
- Start asking questions.
- Browse the site and pay a pre-determined fee to ask an expert a question or sign up for a monthly membership using a credit card or PayPal account.
If you have questions, JustAnswer customer service is available via email, online chat, or phone.
FAQ About JustAnswer
JustAnswer is a San Francisco-based company that launched in 2003.
You can ask follow-up questions or be transferred to another expert who gets notified of your message. You can ask questions and receive answers until you are satisfied.
You can reach out to the expert and ask for additional information or clarification of their reply. JustAnswer trains its experts to improve their answers and work with you for complete satisfaction.